About the Choir
The Boogienotes Rock and Pop Choir is a contemporary choir singing popular Rock & Pop songs with the occasional well-known jazz standard thrown in too. It doesn't matter if you haven't sung publicly before or if you are a seasoned chorister, we welcome singers at all levels including beginners. Its a fabulous way to combine singing and performing without necessarily having the spotlight on you. It doesn't matter if you make mistakes, we will learn the right notes as a group. We currently rent a space for the session at Stowe School each week.
How it works
We dont hold auditions and it doesn't matter if you dont read music. The choir is run by Miles Nottage, a professional musician and singer songwriter for the last 25 years. He will bring out the best in every member of the choir in a calm, encouraging and supportive way. You just need to come along every week and sing!
Find your voice
When you first start singing we will need to work out what your vocal range is if you dont already know. All this means is finding the highest and lowest notes you can sing. Adult voices in choirs are usually divided into four main ranges:
Soprano — higher female voices
Alto — lower female voices
Tenor — higher male voices
Bass — lower male voices
These ranges all overlap and some women can sing in the tenor range and some men can sing as in the alto range. After your first session, it will be obvious which section of the choir you need to join.
The Choir meets every Wednesday between 7.30-9.00pm at the Chung Music School, Stowe School. After your first trial session we ask that you commit to a half or full term. We do not encourage drop-in membership or offer refunds for missed sessions as we feel that every member of the choir has something to offer every week and missing sessions regularly may hinder your progress in learning the songs. We allow up to two 'Lets' per term if you are unable to come and let us know at the start of term and these can be deducted off the termly fee It costs £6.50 per session and payment is in 6 or 12 week blocks and there will be 3 terms in 2018. All Under 18's are half price
What's included each week
- A weekly rehearsal
- Some learning each week around vocal technique.
- A new & varied Repertoire at the beginning of each Term.
- The Arrangements: Some of the songs are arranged by Miles and he will choose the material he thinks will bring out the best in the Choir. He is very happy to consider specific song requests as well. We also use Chorus Online.
- You will be given a resource pack when you sign up with the repertoire for the term, dates and also some tips on techniques.
- Access to the parts for learning via a website.
- We will hold at least twice yearly performances for the public and we will be open to any other events that may come our way.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.